Osun State Government Scholarship Program
Ogun State is one of the prominent most educated states in Nigeria. This feast is a result of the educational privilege available for their indigenous students. Ranging from exposure and available quality educational institutions, Osun state has an outstanding score in the sector.
Among the key factors that have increased the index is the state government’s priority on education and their staunch support to indigenous students with financial and mentorship services.
If you’re a student and you’re an indigene of Osun state, there’s an opportunity for you to grab the Osun state government scholarship scheme which is awarded to Interested qualified students.
Every year, the Osun state government through the state’s ministry of education offers a certain amount of money as a budget for funding scholarship schemes to all indigenous Osun state students who are studying in all the higher institutions across the state.
All the scholarship activities which are conducted outside the state are reported and accessed in the state capital.
The Osun state government Scholarship program is designed for undergraduate students who have gained admission into any tertiary institution in Osun state. Such students must be enrolled in a full-time program. Although in some cases they’re available spaces for postgraduate students who want to pursue their second degree in their respective fields.
You’re advised to properly read more about their eligibility and requirements on the official website of the scholarship board to be sure if your fields and categories are therein.
Requirements/Eligibility for Osun State government scholarship Program
- Individuals must be indigenous students of Osun state. Such persons must prove their indigene status by obtaining and presenting their state of origin certificate from their respective LGAs
- Students must have obtained their Secondary School Examination results (SSCE) either WAEC/NECO with at least 5 credits in any of the five relevant subjects including maths and English language
- Applicants must be admitted into any higher institutions in Nigeria at the time of application to be eligible to apply. Such students must provide their school’s information such as school’s identification letter, Admission letter, and other details
List of courses and the Eligible institutions
The Osun State government scholarship scheme is offered to students who are studying in the state. Such students must also be studying in the designated fields by the scholarship board. The following are the eligible institutions and the available courses for this scholarship scheme:
- Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University
- Osun State Polytechnic, Osun State University
- Federal Polytechnic Ede
- Osun State College of Technology Esa-Oke
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering or System Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Documents needed for the Application
Individuals are to present the following documents during their application screening:
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB original and Students identification letter
- Certificate of state of Origin/ State of origin certificate
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age from any magistrate court
- Your academic details or statement of result containing your CGPA
- Students admission letters for both JAMB and institution
- Students transcripts containing their previous academic performance details
- Affidavit for correction of data in case of any changes in your personal information like names, birth date, or any.
How to Apply for the Osun State Government Scholarship
Applicants who have shown interest after reading through the requirements and are eligible can proceed with their application by submitting all their credentials at the appropriate places which will be disclosed to you on the application website. Prior to that individuals are to complete a simple application on the website.
Deadline of the Application
The application will be released in every academic session, individuals are advised to stay woke to when the application will start.
For more clarification, you can visit the website of the Osun state government scholarship board.