Ekiti State Government Scholarship Program
Do you want to apply for Ekiti State Government Scholarship? Ekiti State Government Scholarship Application is available for interested applicants.
Over the years, Ekiti state has always been the most educated state in Nigeria with a wide margin ahead of many other states. This is due to the utmost priority of the state’s residents for formal education, and of course, the contribution of the government is also overwhelmed. Such feats are not achieved overnight but with commitments and continuous investment in the education of the state.
One of the very ways is through scholarships and bursary allocations to internal students who have shown interest and merit for the scholarship award. Every year, the state government of Ekiti state in collaboration with the state’s commissioner for education offers a certain amount of money to students as part of their education bursary and in most cases, the state’s scholarship scheme.
The main aim of this scholarship is to help indigenous students of Ekiti state who have shown interest in education but do not have enough money to enroll themselves in any or better schools. With the aid of this scholarship program, individuals can access free education under certain conditions while his/her fees will be paid off by the government of Ekiti State.
Although they’re very few cases in which the government of Ekiti state sponsors postgraduate students, aside from that, the Ekiti state government scholarship program is designed for students who are pursuing their undergraduate careers. Such students could be entry-level freshers or returning as the case may be.
In addition to that, the Ekiti state government through their scholarship board will offer you a full funding award where your tuition fees and some money will be allocated to you on every new academic year.
Are you an indigene of Ekiti state? and you want a scholarship? then worry not because the Ekiti state government scholarship program is designed by the government of Ekiti state to serve the purpose. All individuals to be offered this scholarship award must be indigenous students of Ekiti who would be hosted to study in Ekiti state.
Requirements/Eligibility for Ekiti State Government Scholarship Scheme
All interested applicants must meet up with the following criteria before they can be eligible to apply for the government of Ekiti state scholarship:
- You must be an indigene of Ekiti State
- All applicants are expected to have passed through secondary school and obtained their Senior Secondary Certificate Examination results (SSCE) with at least 5 credits in all the relevant subjects including English and Maths
- Applicants must be admitted into any tertiary institution within Ekiti state
- Candidates must possess all the documents and screening requirements as applicants may be subjected to an online/offline screening as the case may be
Documents Needed for Application
The following are the documents that must be accessed before individuals can be qualified:
- Certificate of State of Origin/ State of origin certificate
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age from any magistrate court
- Senior School Certificate Examinations results (SSCE)
- JAMB original and Students identification letter
- School Identification Letter
- Your academic details or statement of result containing your CGPA
- Students admission letters for both JAMB and institution
- Students transcripts containing their previous academic performance details
- Letter of Recommendation from your traditional ruler.
Application date & Deadline for Ekiti state government scholarship
There’s no certain time for the opening or closing of this scholarship scheme, the academic calendar varies with time in Nigeria, all applications begin some months prior to every new academic year till they close about 4 weeks after, and candidates are shortlisted subsequently following resumes.
How to Apply Ekiti State Government Scholarship
All interested eligible applicants are to proceed to the official website of the Ekiti state government scholarship board. More information and details of the application will be disclosed there.