Ondo State Government Scholarship Program
The governor of Ondo state is offering scholarships to students who are an indigene of Ondo state and are willing to study in any tertiary institution within the state.
This is part of the state government’s social welfare and corporate responsibility to assist students who do not have access to good education or have no means to enroll themselves to study in higher institutions.
Every year, the government of Ondo state is budgeting a certain amount of money for students who will be shortlisted for this scholarship award through the state’s ministry of education.
Edo state government scholarship is done and hosted in Akure, the capital city of Ondo state. All the boards and activities are carried out there which includes final documentation, planning, and shortlisting.
Additionally, students who are offered scholarships by the Ondo state government will be enrolled to study in the state. All government-owned tertiary institutions in Ondo state are eligible as far as they operate within the reach of the NUC.
Although the scholarship is offered yearly in lump payments, that is, individuals who are shortlisted for the scholarship award will be offered payments of the bursary in every session or semester as the case may be.
Such students who must be offered this award are expected to be studying in their undergraduate programs, Ondo state government scholarship award is only granted to undergraduate students.
Ondo State Government Scholarship Requirements
Before you can be eligible to apply for the scholarship program, you’re expected to have the following requirements:
- You must be an indigene of Ondo state
- Have obtained your SSCE results with at least 5 credits in the 5 relevant subjects including English and mathematics, such results could be WAEC, NECO, GCE and must be in one sitting only
- Direct Entry-level candidates must show that they’re eligible to highly qualified for admission
- You must be enrolling to study as a full-time student in any recognized higher institution in Ondo state. Part-time students who do not meet up with the full study hours won’t be considered
- You must pass through all the scholarship assessment processes and pass the screening. This involves screening your documents and other crucial verification.
Ondo State Government Scholarship Application Documents
- State of Origin or indigene certificate
- SSCE Result
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- School Admission Letter
- JAMB Admission Letter
Deadline of the Application
Currently, the Ondo state government scholarship program is not yet ongoing, the application will be out shortly. Due to the non-stable academic calendar in Nigeria, there’s no steady time for the application. Although for last year, the CBT Screening and Interview date was 15th December
How to Apply for Ondo State Government Scholarship
Applicants are directed to begin their application on the website of the Ondo state government scholarship board. All information to be provided will be made available on the website, you’re to fill them appropriately and submit your application.
Note: The scholarship application is free of charge, be wary of those who charge you money for the application.
For more information about the Ondo state government scholarship program, you can visit the application website.