Ogun State Government Scholarship Award
Another scholarship program for the indigenes of Ogun state to apply and enjoy is the Ogun state government scholarship scheme awarded by the state government in collaboration with the Ogun state’s ministry of education.
Are you an indigene of Ogun state? Have you heard about the Ogun state government scholarship which offers free education? Feel free to read through this piece as I will provide you with all information you need to know about the government of Ogun state scholarship program.
Just like many other state scholarship schemes, the Ogun state government as part of their corporate responsibilities to assist their students have designed this scholarship program to help young citizens of Ogun state to have access to good and quality education for free.
The government of Ogun state scholarship board is located in Abeokuta, the state capital of Ogun state. The scholarship is awarded and granted to indigenous students. Such students in turn are hosted and offered admission to study in all the various higher institutions in Ogun State.
All students of Ogun state can apply for this scholarship as long as they meet their requirements which will be discussed towards the end of this article. This scholarship scheme is awarded to undergraduate students who are pursuing their degree, ND/HND, or NCE. Although there may be cases where scholarships are granted to postgraduate students, individuals are to check for every requirement before processing their application.
Applicants who have made their application for this scholarship program will be subjected to further screening of their documents. If they’re qualified and shortlisted for this scholarship scheme, they’ll be granted access to the following benefits:
– Full tuition fees for their time of studies till they graduate
– Monthly/Yearly payments in some cases to help them with other miscellaneous expenses while studying. Such fees may cover their accommodation, feeds, books, or any other needs.
Requirements for Ogun State Government Scholarship Scheme
- All Interested applicants must be an indigene of Ogun State
- Applicants must have passed through secondary school and obtained their Senior Secondary Certificate Examination results (SSCE) with at least 5 credits in all the relevant subjects including English and Maths. Such results could be NECO/WASSCE and must be one sitting
- Applicants must have been admitted into any accredited tertiary institution within Ogun state
- Applicants must have good grades as recommended by the scholarship board
- Candidates must possess all the documents and screening requirements as applicants may be subjected to an online/offline screening as the case may be
Applicants must have the following documents before processing their scholarship application:
- Senior Secondary Examination result (SSCE) either NECO/WASSCE
- State of origin or Indigene certificate
- Certificate of birth or declaration of age
- Students admission letters for both school and JAMB
- Students statements of results or transcripts containing all your academic details (for returning students who want to apply for the scholarship)
- School’s Identification Card or National ID card
- Recommendation Letter from your traditional ruler or any recommended personnel on the lists
Application time & Deadline for Ogun state government scholarship
There’s no specific opening/closing time for this scholarship scheme application begins prior to every new academic year.
How to apply for Ogun State Government Scholarship Award
Applicants are to apply through the website of the Ogun state government scholarship board. The basis of the online application is creating a profile account on the website with your personal information and then login to register for the scholarship.
Note: Applicants are strongly advised to read through the new requirements and other contexts because they’re to the extent that new updates may be included.
For more information about the Ogun state government scholarship program, you can visit the official website.