Yobe State Government Scholarship and Bursary Award
As part of the corporate responsibility to help indigenous students of Yobe, the state government has organized a yearly scholarship award for all interested eligible students to apply.
The state has been known as one of the most consistent in terms of offering scholarship opportunities for its indigenes. Every year the government through the ministry of education budgets a certain amount of money for this scholarship scheme.
Are you an indigene of Yobe state? then you can study in any tertiary institution in Nigeria under the payments of the Yobe state government scholarship board. Such students who are enrolled by the state government are fully sponsored such that all their academic and non-academic fees are covered respectively. In nitty-gritty, the students’ school fees will be covered, their accommodation, and some stipends either monthly or sessional for maintenance.
The government of Yobe scholarship program although has its board located in Yobe state, however, students shortlisted for the award can study in institutions of their choice in Nigeria and overseas.
The scholarship is not offered to students who are studying in Yobe states alone, all indigenous students no matter their place of studies can apply and be awarded this scholarship.
Recently the Governor of Yobe state, His Excellency Governor Mai Mala Buni approved the sum of 800 million naira to award free education scholarship to about 316 Yobe state indigene, to study in some designated fields in various countries abroad. This is part of the state government’s efforts to train qualified students in various fields like medicine, engineering, and arts.
The Yobe state government scholarship program is divided into different categories both undergraduates and postgraduates. Applicants who are interested in any of the schemes can proceed with their application.
Yobe State Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applicants can be deemed fit to be eligible to apply for the Yobe state government scholarship program, he/she must meet with the following requirements:
- Must be a bonafide indigene of Yobe state
- Must have completed their secondary school and obtained their secondary school leaving certificate, such results can be NECO or WAEC and must have at least credits in the five relevant subjects including Maths and English language
- Applicants must have all the basic documents up to date which will later be accessed halfway to the completion of the application
- Such students must be enrolled into an accredited higher institution in Nigeria (for students who are to be enrolled in Nigerian institutions). Students to be enrolled to study overseas are also expected to have applied to any of the eligible institutions and be given a letter offer.
Individuals who are beneficiaries of the Yobe state government scholarship program are entitled to many awards. The following are the scholarship award breakdown according to their categories.
Students in Nigeria
All students shortlisted for the beneficiary in Nigeria will have their tuition fees paid by the state government. In addition to that, they’ll be given a lump sum amount of money yearly for their maintenance
Students to study overseas
Students who are enrolled to study outside the country will be fully sponsored. Right from their admission processes, travel documents, and tuition fees, everything will be covered by the state government.
Students of Medicine
Indigenes of Yobe state who are offered admission to study in any medical school either in Nigeria or overseas will be enrolled to study under the Yobe state government scholarship scheme. Such students will be paid a monthly salary of level 7 equivalent till their graduation.
To apply for this scholarship program, applicants are to have the following documents in their possession:
- Yobe state indigene certificate (which can be obtained from your local government secretariat)
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- JAMB Admission Letter
- School admission Letter
- School identification card, Drivers license, or National identity card. NIN may be required too
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) results from either NECO/WAEC
- Academic transcripts containing all your previous students (exemptions are fresh students). Such transcripts will contain your results from the previous sessions
Deadline of Application
There is no fixed date of application for this scholarship program, however, the application commences every year and the registration is always open for 3 to 4 weeks. Individuals will be notified via the scholarship website and any other means of communication including notice boards across all the various institutions.
How to Apply for Yobe State Government Scholarship
All interested applicants are to submit their applications to the scholarship board within the stipulated time frame. Methods and places of application are not fixed. It varies yearly so applicants are to read carefully through the instructions before beginning the application.
Make sure you attend the screening organized by the scholarship board along with all the required documents.
For more information about the Yobe state government scholarship program, you can visit their official social media handles.