The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Nigerian Students
Once again the application for the Public Affairs Section of U.S. Mission Nigeria scholarship form is available online for all the interested eligible Nigerian students to apply, hurry up and apply now as the application is still ongoing.
The Fulbright Foreign Student scholarship program is a student scholarship scheme in Nigeria to study overseas under some designated fields. It is initiated and funded by the United States Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program is a US-hosted scholarship scheme awarded to Nigerian students who want to study in the country. The shortlisted candidates under the designated fields will be hosted to study in any of the universities in the US.
All candidates who applied for the Fulbright foreign students’ scholarship program will be enrolled in a fully funded scheme. All their expenses will be covered by the scholarship board (except their dependent).
Also, the scholarship is granted to postgraduate students who are interested in conducting research in the US. Such students must be at least two years into their doctorate degree program in any Nigerian university at the time of the application.
Aims and Objective of the Scholarship
The Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program is aimed to train African university students through formal education and research studies in their higher degree programs in the US. Such African students must be enrolling to study their doctorate degree programs and should be 2 years into the program at the time of the scholarship application.
As a scholarship scheme targeted at the young indigenous African students, the Fulbright Foreign Student scholarship is one of the best of its kind that has uplifted many African students who want to further their knowledge more, most vastly in research studies and training.
If you’re a holder of a master’s degree and you want to enroll to study in any of the fields that will be mentioned in this article, then you can proceed to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student scholarship program.
Deadline for the scholarship application
If you’re an eligible interested Nigerian student who wants to apply for the scholarship scheme, then you can hurry up now and start your application process. Although all applications for the 2023 candidates and documentation have stopped. The application started on Monday, 1st of February 2023, and ended by June first, 2023.
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program awards and benefits
If you’re shortlisted for the Fulbright Foreign Student scholarship scheme, then you’re entitled to a fully-funded award. Such students will be granted a free trip to the US, tuition fees, book allowances, and accommodation. In addition to that, the beneficiaries will be granted a monthly or sessional stipend as part of their maintenance fees for their miscellaneous expenses. Medical insurance will also be covered alongside computer allowances, normally the fees come monthly while in most cases it can be paid in a lump sum.
Courses and fields tenable for this scholarship scheme
Although not all fields are guaranteed under this scholarship award, the following are the specific fields designated for applicants under this scholarship program:
– Journalism or Media studies or Public Relations
– International Relations
– Environmental Sciences
– Food Science
– Agricultural Science
– Public Health
– Public Administration or Policy
- Students who want to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program must be a certified citizen of Nigeria or permanent residents
- You must at least be two years into your doctorate degree program in Nigeria and must be endorsed by their respective universities before they can be qualified
- Individuals must be performing absolutely good during or in their academic pursuits before they can be eligible to apply
- Applicants are also required to have a very good English language proficiency. Such students will take an English language exam both in writing, speaking, and reading and must pass the minimum benchmark
- All eligible interested applicants before they can be shortlisted must have at least 90 mars score in their TOEFL tests
- Applicants who have never studied in the US before will be given more preference in order to study there. Although those who have studied under any scholarship scheme before also stand a good chance ad far as they meet up with all the criteria
- A good and objective written statement depicting your seriousness and commitment to the scholarship program will be required and accessed. Such statements contain many bodies like your good proposals on your research outline, methodology, objectives, time frame, and a good justification why you want to conduct research in the US.
How to Apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program
All applications are done and completed online. Candidates are to login to the website of the Fulbright Foreign Student scholarship program and create their account. This involves putting your email address and generating your passwords which will be used for login after successful creation.
After account creation, you can upload all the documents required such as your curriculum vitae, your p professional references, and academic transcripts. Candidates are advised to visit the website and read all the instructions provided for the application before starting. It is also advisable to get all the required documents before beginning your application.
Applicants from the North East/North West and North Central are required to submit their offline credentials to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja for documentation.
Those from the South West/South South/South East are to submit to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos for documentation.
For more information about the Fulbright scholarship scheme, you can visit their website or e-mail them @Nigeriafulbright@state.gov