Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2022
Are you looking for a scholarship program to help you study in any Nigerian university? Have you heard of the Jim Ovia scholarship foundation before? If yes, then find a space and read through the contents explicitly.
In addition to the various federal and state government scholarship programs in Nigeria, they’re other private individuals who are putting their best in order to make Nigeria home to educated people. One such person is Jim Ovia. Over the years his effort to make a good living opportunity for Nigerians have not gone unnoticed. Through his banking employments, scholarship awards, and other philanthropic activities he has barged many awards for the job well done.
About the Scholarship Founder, Jim Ovia
Jim Ovia is a Nigerian business mogul, investor, and philanthropist. He is the founder of the popular Nigerian Zenith Bank, one of the most successful banks across African continents.
Aims and objective of the scholarship
The scholarship program has been in existence for a long. It is one of the most anticipated scholarship schemes in Nigeria as it comes with good pay and a high number of selected applicants yearly. The main aim of the Jim Ovia Foundation scholarship award is to help poor Nigerian students who do not have money to enroll themselves in schools to have access to good education.
The scholarship awards are granted yearly to students who are eligible and passed all the criteria to be awarded.
Jim Ovia is a Nigerian businessman with a high percentage of his investments located in the country. All the scholarship activities are centered in Nigeria. Additionally, the scholarship is only open to citizens of Nigeria who are willing to study in the country.
The Jim Ovia scholarship foundation is granted mainly to undergraduate students. Before you can be qualified for this scholarship award, you must be enrolled in an undergraduate program in an accredited university in Nigeria.
Additionally, the scholarships are granted in a lump sum, this is to say once shortlisted, individuals will be rewarded with a certain amount of money yearly till their graduation. It covers the applicant’s tuition fees, books, accommodation, and sometimes maintenance fees.
Before the end of this article, you will learn about the Jim Ovia scholarship foundation, how it works, the application requirements, and eligibility. How to apply, where to apply, the documents needed for the application, and other information. The amount for this scholarship scheme and the deadline for the application will also be discussed.
Jim Ovia Scholarship Award
Scholarship boards have budgeted the sum of NGN 200,000 for all the eligible applicants that are shortlisted.
Eligibility/ Requirements for Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program
- Before you can be qualified to apply for the Jim Ovia scholarship foundation, applicants must be an indigenous Nigerian student
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited university in Nigeria. Students of part-time or continuing education are not eligible to apply for the scholarship award
- The scholarship is not restricted to a particular level. All students irrespective of their levels can apply and be granted this scholarship award
- You must have a good CGPA of about second class upper for all types of grade point
- You must have graduated from secondary school and obtained your Senior secondary school examination result (SSCE) with 5 credits in English and Maths and any additional three relevant subjects.
How to Apply for Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program
- Although the scholarship application could be difficult if you’re not used to the application before. In order to apply for the scholarship program, you’re advised to read through all the various instructions and follow the guidelines of the application. The following are the steps by step process to apply for the Jim Ovia Scholarship program.
- Visit the website: Application for the scholarship program is done and completed online. Interested Individuals who are eligible for this scholarship program should proceed to the website of the Jim Ovia scholarship award scheme to begin their application processes.
- Creating your account: The first process of the application is creating your profile account with the scholarship board where they can easily access your details. In order to create your profile, while on the website, click on the register now and input your information. All necessary information needed for the scholarship will be provided in the space available on the application form. A space for information on your names, contact information, school details, and everything will be provided on the form.
- Completing your application: After your account creation, it is required of you to login with your details and print out the form for signing by your departmental H.O.D before you can upload it back again.
After the signing, all documents which may be needed should be scanned and uploaded along with the form for verification.
During the Application
- Individuals are expected to thoroughly read the instructions provided and make sure all the details are correct and in good formats
- All documents to be uploaded should be scanned and properly presented, torn or squeezed documents could invalidate your application
- Make sure all the names on your documents are the same as the ones you wrote down. In case of an error in names, endeavor to obtain an affidavit for correction of name in any nearby court
- Make sure you provide active contact information while filling the form for the application. This is because all information needed for this scholarship program will be communicated to you via the email address or phone number you provided.
Documents for the application
In order to apply for the Jim Ovia scholarship program, below are the documents needed.
- Your recent Passport Photograph
- Your Senior Secondary Certificate of (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- Result for previous session showing your CGPA
- Your certificate origin certificate
Deadline for the Application
Application for the Jim Ovia scholarship program is not ongoing for now, when the form is out you’ll be notified. However, you can continue visiting their website for the latest update on the scholarship date.
Note: There will be an aptitude test conducted for applicants in the various designated centers.
For more information about the Jim Ovia scholarship program, you can visit their official website.