Kano State Government Scholarship Program
Virtually all states in Nigeria have scholarship programs for their indigenes. However, Kano is one of the notorious states with different kinds of scholarship opportunities. There are different scholarship programs for Kano states students to apply and be granted both for private and government fundings.
In an effort to combat the rate of under-education in the state, all the numerous scholarships are funded and granted evenly to all eligible students who qualify and have passed all the various criteria for the award.
If you’re an indigene of Kano state and you’re worried about how to further your education, specifically due to lack of funds, then worry not because the Kano state government scholarship program will get you covered. It is funded by the state government in collaboration with any other organization that may partner with them. No news, they’re many organizations that support and fund the scholarship programs too.
As an indigene of Kano state, you’re given an entitlement to be granted any form of the scholarship program as far as you’re eligible for it.
In this article, all information about the Kano state government scholarship will be provided. The time of application, areas of fields that are qualified, the requirements needed before you can be eligible for the application, the screening documents, how to apply, where to apply, and your method of application shall be discussed here. In addition, the benefit and rewards for this scholarship program will be disclosed towards the end of this article.
The Kano state government scholarship program is an education funding award granted by the government of Kano to its indigenes as an effort to combat and reduce the rate of illiteracy in the state, and to breed young generations with visionary thoughts and intellectualism. The scholarship program is offered by the state government to all indigenes alone. Individuals who are not an indigene of Kano state are not eligible for this scholarship program. Even if you’re studying in any tertiary institution in Kano or you’re a resident, you’re not eligible to apply for it. However, they’re numerous scholarship schemes you can apply for and be granted.
The Kano State government scholarship program is an undergraduate one for all students who are indigenes. The beauty of it is that it is a fully-funded one that will cover the tuition fees, accommodation fees, books, and other valuable academic fees.
The scholarship is open to all students who want to pursue their undergraduate programs in any of the tertiary institutions in Nigeria, and very much for Kano states tertiary institutions. Individuals who are studying abroad or any private university in Nigeria will not be eligible to apply.
Requirements/Eligibility For Kano state Government Scholarship Program
All Kano state indigenes are entitled to enjoy this scholarship award, however, in an actual sense, they’re other requirements you must meet up before applying for it. In order to be qualified to apply for the Kano state government scholarship program, you must have the following requirements.
- All applicants must be an indigene of Kano state before they can process the application
- You must complete your elementary secondary school and obtain your Senior Secondary School Examination (SSCE)
- You must have at least 5 credits in your O level including English and Mathematics and any other 3 relevant subjects related to your field, either in WAEC, NECO, or GCE.
- You must be a full-time student of the designated tertiary institutions
- All applicants must submit their results in one sitting only. Two sitting results will not be acknowledged
You should be studying in any of the following tertiary institutions in Kano
- Kano State University of Science and Technology
- Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University
- Kano State Polytechnics
- Kano State College of Education
- National Open University
Eligible Courses for Application
Nano state government scholarship covers all the following courses:
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Production and Health
- Animal Nutrition
- Applied Physics
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Information Technology
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
In fact, all undergraduate courses offered in all the universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education are accepted.
The following fields will not be considered for the scholarship program
- Students of Pre-AND /Introductory Courses
- Students doing any Pre-NCE Courses
- All Part-time students or any forms of In-service Training
- All levels certificate Courses
- All Undergraduate Courses in the case of overseas which are not tenable in Nigeria
- All Postgraduate Courses tenable in Nigeria
Documents Required for Kano state Government Scholarship Program
The following are the list of documents to be submitted during the course of the application
- Your school and JAMB and admission letters as proof that you’re a recognized student of the claimed institution
- Evidence for State of Origin/Local government
- School ID card, International passport or National ID card
- Declaration of age from court or Birth certificate
- Primary school leaving certificate
- Statement of result from your previous examination
- A Bank teller or receipt from your previous academic session
- A recent photograph (passport size)
How to Apply for Kano State Government scholarship Program
All process of applying for this scholarship award is done and competed online. You’re required to visit the application website and begin your application process. You should fill the form online with all the appropriate information and then upload your documents. All documents to be uploaded should be scanned before uploading.