NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award 2023/2024
NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award is yet another type of scholarship program featured by NNPC. It is a form of a partnership organization that is conducted through the boards. Recall that they’re many NNPC partnership scholarship programs like NNPC/TOTAL and many others. NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award is another category also.
If you’re looking forward to applying for any form of scholarship program, and you’re privileged to come across this, then congratulations you can apply for the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award 2023/2024 and be granted as far as you’re eligible for its application. The application portal is now open and the registration is ongoing, all that is expected of you is to read through the article to the end to know all the various information needed.
In this article, you’ll learn all the various things you need to know about the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award 2023/2024, the requirements, the criteria to be granted the scholarship, who should apply and who should not, the documents to be uploaded, scholarship award and other necessary information.
Aims and Objective of the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award
NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award 2023/2024 Is a non-government scholarship program established to help Nigerian students. From its name, the scholarship award is established by NNPC in partnership with Addax Petroleum company to help students who are in need of funds to pursue their education. The scholarship offers an amount of money to the beneficiaries throughout their studies.
NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award is a scholarship program designed mainly for undergraduate students who are pursuing their studies in eligible fields. Individuals that are in the field are therefore summoned to check for the eligibility and requirements of this scholarship program.
It is categorized into two different types namely
– Host Community Merit Award
– National Merit Award
The Host Community Merit Award: This scholarship award category includes mainly the host communities of the NNPC/Addax Petroleum company. The scholarship is for all the indigenes of River state, Imo, Bayelsa, and Delta state respectively.
National Merit Award: Unlike the host community merit award, the national merit award is open to eligible Nigerians from all the different parts of the country to apply.
The NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship program is a Nigerian host initiative geared towards having successful graduates in Nigeria with good tastes in education. The scholarship board and all the activities are carried out in Nigeria.
Who Should Apply for the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Program
Although the scholarship program is a Nigerian-hosted one however not all Nigerians are eligible to apply for this scholarship award. It is specific for some certain host communities according to its board. The scholarship is divided into two as discussed above. Only indigenes of APDNL Host Communities in Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, and Imo States respectively can apply for the host community merit. Non-indigines from any other place in Nigeria are not eligible to apply for this particular scholarship award. However, they can check out for the National merit award category and determine whether they’re eligible or not.
Application Deadline for NNPC/Addax Scholarship Program
Right now the application for this scholarship award is closed for 2023 applicants. For more information about when the next application will start, you can visit their website.
Eligibility/Requirements for NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship
In order to apply for the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship 2023, you must have the
- You must be a certified 100l student in any accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria at the time of the submission of the application. Students from 200l above are not eligible for this scholarship award
- Likewise, part-time students are not entitled to this scholarship award. Before you can be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be a full-time student
- You must be studying in a tertiary institution in Nigeria. Students overseas are not eligible
- OND students are entitled to the award in their two years
- Individuals must have a valid Senior Secondary School Examination (SSCE) result either WAEC/NECO with 5 credits including Maths and English and any of the other three relevant subjects in the field
Non Eligible students
- If you’re a beneficiary of a similar award from any company or agency which is a partner to the NNPC/TOTAL, then your scholarship application will be rejected
- Individuals who are running their HND programs are not eligible for this scholarship award
Documents needed to Apply for the NNPC / Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award
In order to apply for the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award, it is crucial to obtain all the following documents before starting your application.
- A recent photograph (passport size) of about (450px by 450px) should not be more than 200kb. The required background is white
- An identification letter from your school indicating you’re a bonafide student of the institution you claim
- You must obtain a printed admission letter for both JAMB and your institution
- You must present your printed JAMB original Result
- You must present your Senior Secondary School Examination (SSCE) result either WAEC/NECO
- For applicants of host community merit award, you must obtain a written letter from your community traditional ruler
- A state of Origin Certificate from your local government
How to Apply for the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award 2023/2024
Application for the NNPC/Addax Petroleum scholarship award first starts from online, then offline through signing then online again. Below is the breakdown of how to apply for the scholarship
Visit the website of the NNPC/Addax Petroleum Scholarship board and then begin your application process. The first thing to do is create your account, interestingly they’re instructions available on the website that will guide you to create your account. Account creation involves filling a form with all your personal details and contact information then submitting it.
After submitting your created account, you can then log in with your email address and password to print out the filled form. The printed form should be forwarded to the H.O.D of your department for signing.
After the form is signed, scan and upload it back for verification along with other documents you may be required to upload.
It is very important to provide an active email address or phone number during the registration because all information regarding the scholarship will be communicated to you via the contact information you provided.
The aptitude test for the scholarship award will be disclosed to you after registration. Individuals must bear the cost of transportation to the center of the examination.