Chevening scholarship is one of the largest scholarship programs in Africa. They’re numerous of their kind, however, it is worth knowing that the scholarship is one of the most considerate terms of application and award. It is a fully-funded scholarship where individuals from all regions across the African continents are sponsored to school outside their home countries (overseas) to study any of their desired courses.
The scholarship is however not limited to Africa alone, it has notable alumni from almost all the different parts of the world.
In Nigeria, the scholarships are always opened to individuals who show a willingness to study abroad and have met all the requirements and the criteria to be awarded to pursue their academic careers. They’re up to thousands the scholarship beneficiaries in Nigeria since the inception of the Chevening scholarship not to mention the global records.
Are you looking forward to applying to study abroad as a Nigerian? then hurry up today and apply for the Chevening Scholarship program as the application is still ongoing. All interested applicants are required to make their application as early as possible to avoid server errors that may result from too much traffic on the website during late application.
About Chevening Scholarship Program
The UK international students scholarship program is sponsored by the UK government and is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth body to help students who want to study in the United Kingdom. The scholarship is aimed at equipping students both in academic knowledge and networking skills. It is a fully-funded scholarship program that covers tuition fees, accommodation, maintenance, or any forms of expenditures its beneficiary may encounter during the course of the studies.
The Chevening scholarship is an international scholarship award granted to postgraduate students who want to pursue their Masters’s degree in any field in the United Kingdom. It is a 1-year award which gives individuals the opportunity to learn various things and to explore the cultures of the UK.
Scholarship Opening and Deadlines
Application for the Chevening scholarship program will begin a few months after candidates are shortlisted until 2nd November 2023.
Chevening Scholarships Eligibility
Failure to access the eligibility requirements clearly may vindicate you. Such applicants who are not eligible for the application even after applying for the scholarship will get their application rejected.
This is why you should study the contents very well to determine whether you’re eligible for the scholarship or not before processing your application. To know the eligibility requirements for the scholarship program, below they are:
- Before individuals can be granted admission into any university in the UK under this Scholarship scheme, he/she must have completed an undergraduate program with a degree from any recognized university herein (Nigeria).
- You should at least have upper second class honor 2:1 in your undergraduate degree
- In order to be qualified for the Chevening scholarship program, you must be from the specified eligible countries. Individuals from non-eligible countries may be able to apply but their applications will be rejected
- After your scholarship award time elapse, you’re expected to leave for your home country within the next two years
- You must also have at least 2,800 hours of work experience to be eligible for the scholarship award
- Prior to the scholarship application time, individuals must have applied to three different UK universities eligible for the scholarship and must have received unconditional offers from them by 14 July 2023.
Who should not apply for the Chevening scholarship program
The following categories of persons are not qualified to apply for the Chevening Scholarship program.
- A holder of British citizenship. It could be full or dual citizenship, an exemption to this is if you’re a citizen of British Overseas Territory, or if you’re applying from Hong Kong as a holder of the BN(O).
- Applicants who are holders of refugee status and are from non-eligible countries for the Chevening scholarship will not be approved for the application.
- You’re not eligible to apply if you’re a former employee, an employee, a relative of an employee of her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the British Council, the Ministry of Defence the Home Office, the Department for Business, the Department for International Trade and the UKBA), a sponsoring UK university, Energy and Industrial Strategy, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Former employees, employees, and relatives of the employees of Chevening partner will not be eligible for the application
- Individuals who are the one-time beneficiaries of any funding scholarship program from the UK government through studies will not be eligible for the application. Your application will be rejected if you apply as it will undergo a thorough scan and investigation.
How To Apply for Chevening Scholarship
Individuals who merit the scholarship scheme can apply through the internet. You’re to visit the application website and enter all the necessary information by following the instructions. All documents to be uploaded will be mentioned on the website, scan and upload them before submitting your application. In addition, it is very important to read through all the requirements before beginning the application to make sure all documents are available and ready.
There are no payments for Chevening scholarship applications, all processes are free of charge.
In order to know more about the Chevening scholarship program, you can visit their official website for more information.