Federal Government Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarships
The Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award is out again for Nigerian international students to apply and be granted Scholarships. The Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award (BEA) is a scholarship scheme regulated by the federal scholarship board in collaboration with the Nigeria ministry of education.
It is a vast scholarship opportunity for aspiring Nigerians who want to study abroad in any of the Undergraduate, Masters’s degree, and Ph.D. programs to study any desired courses of their choice.
The Minister of Education has made the announcement public and interested candidates who want to apply for the 2023 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) scholarship from all the different parts of the country are hereby summoned to quickly apply for the scholarship before it is too late.
Eligibility & Criteria for the Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the scholarship application, individuals must possess the following requirements:
For those candidates who want to pursue their undergraduate program, you must have a minimum of five (5) distinctions (A Or B) in any of the English language and Mathematics and other relevant subjects in your courses. The result normally is the Senior secondary school certificate, WAEC and it should not be more than two years.
The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship award is considered in their age limits. To be eligible for this program, individuals must be at the age of 18 to 20 at the time of application for undergraduate students.
- All applicants of the postgraduate scholarship program must have at least 2nd Class Upper Division in their first-degree program.
- Applicants must complete at least 2 years of employment in Nigeria or undergo a post-qualification to be eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
- Individuals must undergo and complete their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to be eligible to apply for the Bilateral Agreement scholarship
To be eligible for this application you must be 35 years old for the Masters’s degree and at least 40 for the Ph.D. program.
Recall that the Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship award program is granted to study in non-English speaking countries, individuals must undergo a compulsory 1-year foreign language in any of the countries of their choice and will be a standard medium of instruction.
If you’re a Hungarian applicant, you must complete your application form online by visiting the website. Normally, the application portal will be opened between October and November. After completing the application, you will have to present the form during the interview.
Requirements for Bilateral Agreement Education Scholarship Program (BEA)
- For the postgraduate applicants, you must possess at least a first degree for the scholarship application
- You must be a full-time registered student in any Federal or state university. Part-time students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship program
- For applicants who possess any results other than a degree (UG, HND &NCE), you must at least be a full-time student of any registered institution of learning in any Federal or state-owned institution and must be in their second year or above.
- All undergraduate applicants for the scholarship must have at least 5.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (7) point scale or its equivalents and 4.0 on a 5 point scale respectively to stand a chance
Note: The scholarship award is granted to everyone with the inclusion of the physically challenged.
How to apply for Bilateral Agreement Education Scholarship Program (BEA)
The scholarship award is applied online for all types of application processes except the CBT test. The process requires you to complete an application form online, submit the application form and then print it out.
You’re also required to present some documents after completing the application, the documents to be presented include:
- Admission Letter of the Institution you applied to
- Your M Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of years 1, 2, 3, etc. For the Postgraduate Applicants
- Your Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge certificate will be required. If you did not participate in the NYSC program, you must present your Exemption certificates as a postgraduate applicant
- Your Current School’s Identity Card
- Identification Letter from your State/Local Government or state of origin certificate should do, it should be fully signed and stamped
- You’re required to present Two (4) passport size photographs with your name written and signed by you, it should be colored background with either white or black
- Your birth certificate
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports
- Police clearance certificate for criminal free acts
The Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship is always open for half of the year for intending applicants to apply. The scholarship portal is always open to applicants who want to apply until the 6th of December 2023 by 11:59 PM.
Therefore applicants are strongly advised to apply for the scholarship as early as possible in case of any technical issues during the application time which may arise due to high traffic on the application portal.
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) 2023/2024 Countries to apply to
The BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) is here again and as usual, they’re many countries in the world where you can study using this scholarship award. If you’re a beneficiary of the BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA), you can study in any of the following countries as an undergraduate; Morocco, Russia, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia.
If you’re intending to apply for the postgraduate program, you can apply to study in any of the following countries for those whose first degrees were obtained Russia, China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, and so many other countries.
Benefits of the Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Award
The scholarship is a fully funded one, that is individuals are not entitled to contribute any amount of money for the application, stay, studies, or any other funding.
The host countries will be responsible for the tuition fees as well as the accommodation for the students. While the Nigerian government will take the responsibility of supporting them with any type of maintenance such as flight clothing, health insurance, and feeds.