Abia State Government Scholarship Program
Abia is yet another state that offers scholarship opportunities to indigenous students. As part of their corporate responsibility, the government of Abia state through the ministry of education is offering scholarships to all indigenous students.
If you’re an indigene of Abia state and you’re looking for a scholarship opportunity to further your education then you’re on the right page, in this article, you’ll learn all the various things you need to know about the Abia states government scholarship program and how it works.
About the Abia State Government Scholarship
The government of Abia state is assisting its students in every academic year by offering a certain amount of student bursary which helps to cover their tuition fees and other valuable academic fees. The scholarship is granted to individuals based on many assessments
It is an undergraduate type that is only offered to fresh or returning students of any higher institutions in Abia state who is undergoing an undergraduate program.
Abia State Government Scholarship Requirements
Applicants who are applying for the government of Abia state scholarship scheme are required to meet certain requirements before they can be considered, they are:
- You must be a bonafide indigene of Abia state
- Applicants must have passed out of secondary school and have written their Senior Secondary Examination SSCE and have obtained their results. Such result could be NECO/WASSCE or equivalent with at least 5 credits in any of the five relevant subjects which include Maths and English
- You must be enrolled to study as a full-time student in any recognized higher institutions across Abia state
- You must pass through all the steps by taking the aptitude tests or the required screening as the case may be
- You must obtain and present all the documents needed for the application which is written on the publication.
Documents Needed for the Application
The following are the documents needed for the complete application
- SSCE Result
- State of Origin or indigene certificate
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- JAMB Admission Letter
- School Admission Letter
- Academic Transcripts containing previous semesters academic performance, particularly CGPA
The following are all the eligible courses for the Abia state government scholarship program:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Other programs which are not listed here and are registered in any higher institutions in Abia state is also eligible and such applicants can also apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply for Abia State Government Scholarship Program
Students of Abia state who want to apply for this scholarship scheme can begin their application by visiting the Abia state government scholarship board website and then registering. Guidelines on the processes of the registration are made available there
For more information on the scholarship features, you can also visit the website or their official social media handles.