NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women 2023/2024
To combat the left out in female Nigerian education, the NWAG Is offering a scholarship program to students who are Nigerian and are pursuing their undergraduate programs in Nigeria. Such students must be a woman and the award are granted based on merit across the 36 states of Nigeria including FCT.
are you a lady looking for a scholarship opportunity? Then you can take advantage of the NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women and secure the benefits attached. All you’ve to do is follow all the information which will be provided on this page.
NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women is granting the award to women in Nigeria across various universities and all fields. The scholarship award is only a one-term offer. I.e individuals who are shortlisted for the award will be enrolled into a one-time payment only.
The NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women is mainly designed for female Nigerian students who have shown interest and merited for the award. Additionally, there’s no specific university for this scholarship award, individuals across the country can apply and are awarded not minding their institution of studies as far as it is an accredited university in Nigeria.
Although the NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women is a one-time payment, unlike other scholarships. It is also mainly for students who are pursuing their undergraduate careers.
Scholarship Awards and Number of Awardees
Each student who qualifies for the NWAG Scholarships for Young Women will be granted a one-time payment of NGN100,000. The scholarship is granted to 37 persons i.e one person from each state (36) and then 1 from the FCT.
To be eligible for this scholarship scheme, applicants are required to meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be female
- Must be a citizen of Nigeria
- Must be a registered student in Nigeria in any university accredited by the NUC.
Documents Needed for the Application
Documents needed to register for this scholarship include:
- Proof of State of Origin or Indinge Certificate
- Admission Letter from your prospective University
- Letter from your local government office/Secretariat
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Mosque Imam/Church Pastor
- Letter from your Village Head or Traditional Ruler
- Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers
- A Letter of recommendation from any of the following, Dean of your Faculty or your Head of Department (HOD)
- A copy of your current university student identification card (Student ID Card)
- A recent photograph of yourself
- An application letter of why you should receive the scholarship (not more than a one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on the topic:
“There is a high rise in unemployment in Nigeria. University graduates are without jobs, how do you as a prospective University graduate believe the government can resolve this problem?”
How to Apply for NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women
Applicants who want to apply are to download the application form from the website and then fill in all the details required and then submit it. The application for this scholarship program is free of charge.
Application for the NWAG Scholarships 2020 for Young Women is ongoing, all applicants are expected to submit their application before 30th May 2020.
for more information, you can visit the scholarship website.